The Chippewa National Forest and Lake Winnie provide a true Winter Wonderland with activities for everyone!
- Lake Winnibigoshish is legendary in the Midwest for Jumbo Perch fishing through the ice. In addition to the Jumbo Perch action, Northern Pike fishing and spearing is excellent throughout the ice fishing season. Looking for Walleyes? Target the most sought after fish in Minnesota during low light hours in December and January. Lake Winnie is one of the top Walleye fisheries in Minnesota!
- Lake access, plowed roads, tackle, fish cleaning, icehouses, and fishing tips are all available at Tamarack Lodge.
Dark House Spearing
Experience the exhilaration, sport and fun of spearing this winter in one of our dark houses. Spear fishing is open for northern pike (and sometimes other fish species per DNR regulations). Spearfishing uses artificial fish decoys or live bait suspended in clear water with the bonus of seeing the fish swim up to your bait in Lake Winnie’s clear water – along with the opportunity to view walleye, perch and other species in their natural environment. You’ll view fish through large holes in the darkhouse and when you see the fish, you spear it. Simple, exciting and fun. Minnesota residents and non-residents are able to spear fish in dark houses. Plus you can also enjoy regular ice fishing as well in the same house.
|1 Person||2 Person|
The Chippewa National Forest provides hundreds of miles of groomed trails. Let Tamarack Lodge be your hub as you spend hours exploring the North Woods on your sleds.
Cross Country Skiing
The opportunities are endless in the Chippewa National Forest! There are literally hundreds of places to explore.
- Our cozy lakefront cabins provide a relaxing getaway where you can warm up from the days activities, watch the snow fall or the eagles soar. You might even catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights.
- Stop by the lodge and have something to drink or a hot pizza while you share stories with our other guests. Take pleasure in a winter bonfire or enjoy a winter fish or chicken fry.
- Visit the local restaurants and shops, or try your luck at the 3 nearby casinos.
- Let Tamarack Lodge be your winter destination!
Winter Cabin Rental Rates
Scroll left and right to view the table on mobile devices.
|Cabin||Bedrooms||# of Beds||2 People||3 People||4 People||5 People||6 People||7 People||8 People||9 People||10 People|
|1A No Pets||3||1 Queen & 6 Twin, & Sleeper Sofa||$300||$300||$300||$300||$300||$350||$400||$450||----|
|2||2||2 Full & 3 Twin, & Sleeper Sofa||$140||$180||$200||$250||$300||----||----||----||----|
|3A||3||3 Full & 2 Twin, & Sleeper Sofa||$140||$180||$200||$250||$300||$350||$400||----||----|
|3B||3||3 Full & 2 Twin, & Sleeper Sofa||$140||$180||$200||$250||$300||$350||$400||----||----|
|Duplex 3||6||6 Full & 4 Twin & 2 Sleeper Sofas||$400||$400||$400||$400||$400||$400||$400||$450||$500|
|5 No pets||2||2 Queen, 2 Twin, & Sleeper Sofa||$200||$200||$200||$250||$300||$350||$400||----||----|
|6 No pets||2||2 Queen, 2 Twin, & Sleeper Sofa||$200||$200||$200||$250||$300||$350||$400||----||----|
|9A||3||3 Full & 2 Twin, & Sleeper Sofa||$140||$180||$200||$250||$300||$350||$400||----||----|
|9B||3||3 Full & 2 Twin, & Sleeper Sofa||$140||$180||$200||$250||$300||$350||$400||----||----|
|Duplex 9||6||6 Full & 4 Twin & 2 Sleeper Sofas||$400||$400||$400||$400||$400||$400||$400||$450||$500|
- All rentals are subject to 7.325% Minnesota sales tax.
- There is a 3 night minimum on 2 person stays. (Mid-week discounts do not apply)
- Duplex 3 & 9 have a 14 person capacity. Additional people are $50/person/night.
- Deposits – equal to one night rental is required. Deposits are non-refundable and are applied to the final day of your reservation.
- PETS are not allowed in cabins 1A, 5 & 6. Pets are allowed in the other cabins for a fee of $100/week/pet or $25/day/pet. Pets must be cleaned up after, on a leash, and never left in the cabin alone. Pets not being cleaned up after will be charged additional fees. You are financially responsible for any damages caused by your pet.
- All of our cabins are now SMOKE FREE.
- 6 & 8 hole day fish houses are available for $125/day and must be reserved in advance.
- 1 & 2 man dark house rentals – 1 man $50/day – 2 man $80/day
- Bring – bath towels, dish towels, soap & toiletries
- Check-in – 2 pm Checkout – 9am.
- Additional Fees will be charged for ALL early arrivals & late checkouts
- Discounts – Mid-week reservations (Sunday-Thursday) receive a 10% discount.
(3 night/4 person minimum required)
- You are financially responsible for the full length of your reservation.
- A 3% convenience fee will be charged for all credit/debit card transactions
- Plowed lake access is included with your reservation and is for the exclusive use of resort guests